Make sure unattended.xml is not encrypted!

I was playing around with Sysprep using unattended.xml when I hit a weird issue with VirtualBox and Encrypted folders on the host. Setup: unattended.xml on the host, encrypted (with Windows EFS). Virtual Machine, hosted in VirtualBox I mounted the folder with unattended.xml (and other files) inside the VirtualBox and started sysprep (sysprep+shutdown.cmd just executes the […]

Windows Phone 7 TextBox, binding and ApplicationButton

Consider a Windows Phone 7 application with a textbox and an ApplicationButton. UI: <Canvas x:Name="ContentGrid" Grid.Row="1" Height="545" Width="480">     <TextBlock Text="Enter text here" Canvas.Left="6" Canvas.Top="187" />     <TextBox x:Name="myTextBox" Text="{Binding Test, Mode=TwoWay}" Height="69" Width="480" Canvas.Left="0" Canvas.Top="209" /> </Canvas> Backend: namespace WindowsPhoneApplication1 {     using System;     using System.ComponentModel;     using System.Windows.Controls;     using Microsoft.Phone.Controls;       public partial class MainPage : PhoneApplicationPage, […]

Windows Phone 7, adding and displaying icons.

Hi all, I tried to display an icon in my Windows Phone 7 application: <shell:ApplicationBarIconButton x:Name="appbar_button1" IconUri="/Images/" Text="Settings" /> By default, when you add an image to the solution folder it sets the build action as Resource, as shown below: But when you run the application with the Build Action as Resource you will get […]

Small update on enabling shares in Windows 7.

Execute this line in the CMD as Administrator (start > type ‘cmd’ > hit control+shift+enter) and paste this line (rightmousebutton > paste). reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ /v LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy /t REG_DWORD /d 1 Be sure to DISABLE your Homegroup and to enable file sharing in the Network & Sharing Center

Format after BitLocker.

So yesterday I reinstalled my laptop because some beta driver was acting up, no big deal. I had both of my partitions secured with Bitlocker (and a BIOS password set up) so that my laptop is secure. After formatting I noticed that my C drive wasn’t encrypted anymore (which is obvious, it was formatted). But […]